If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Grand Strand Emergency Room
When you need the services of an emergency room in the Grand Strand area, look no further than Grand Strand Medical Center. For years, our hospital and ER have been providing quality medical care for patients of all ages. The ER staff at our hospital consistently sets the standard for emergency care among area hospitals, with the latest systems to reduce ER wait time and operate more efficiently.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can always count on our emergency room for quality medical care. Our board-certified emergency physicians diagnose and treat nearly 80,000 patients every year who arrive with chest pain, stroke symptoms and other emergency ailments
ER highlights at Grand Strand Medical Center
- Comprehensive services and board-certified emergency specialists available around the clock to handle any life-threatening emergency, including heart attack and stroke
- 40 private patient rooms to ensure privacy, infection control and a calm, quiet atmosphere
- Dedicated pediatric treatment rooms
- Pediatric-trained emergency specialist on staff
- EMS integration in case of abnormal EKG reading consistent with a heart attack, so patients receive lifesaving surgery as soon as possible
- Digital pediatric medication management ensures the right dose for children
- Check-in kiosks in two languages, for easy check in with the swipe of a driver's license or credit card
Two Freestanding ERs
Along with our main campus, we have two freestanding ERs that provide the same quality of care for residents closer to home
Quality ER in the South Strand
South Strand Medical Center is a campus of Grand Strand Medical Center on the south end of Myrtle Beach. The South Strand facility is staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and highly trained clinical and support personnel.
Regardless of the time of day or night, South Strand Medical Center's 24-hour ER is ready to serve the medical needs of residents and visitors of the South Strand.
Quality ER in the North Strand Now Open
North Strand ER is a campus of Grand Strand Medical Center in the North Myrtle Beach area. The North Strand facility is staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and highly trained clinical and support personnel.
Regardless of the time of day or night, North Strand ER is ready to serve the medical needs of residents and visitors of the North Strand.
If you are experiencing the signs or symptoms of heart attack or stroke, call 911 immediately for transportation to the nearest emergency room.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
This accreditation ensures that patients receive critical treatment during the early stage of a heart attack.